May 1, 2011

The Flatliners ~ Eulogy

May 1, 2011 may become just another date for schoolchildren to remember when they learn about the "War on Terror" that began the history of this century.
Is this the end to 9/11?!?
No. It's just another date.
However, I felt that this song was most appropriate to recall the innocent lives lost on that day.



Part of me worries, though, that this is not over. Nay, part of me knows that it isn't over. This song is a heartfelt homage to the passing of a dear person. To many - mostly members of Al Quida - Osama Bin Laden was a dear person. Every story has two sides, as does every war. So, I know that this war is not over... War is never over.

So, I fought with myself about posting this song tonight. It may offend some people, rightly so. I know that this song does not make me think of bin Laden, Hitler, or any other "evil dictator" who has died on the first of May. However, war makes me think of death, as I think it should make everybody. Perhaps if more people thought of losing their loved ones when they thought about controlling others through violence, conquest and power, there would be less war. Until that happens, I'll remain a lover and not a fighter...

Be the change you wish to see in this world.
~ Mahatmi Ghandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment