April 23, 2011

Kelly Clarkson - Because Of You

Today, felt like a Pink day. So, I turned on the Pink YouTube mix and came across a whole day's worth of girl power ballads, including this old one from Kelly Clarkson...



As April began, it was suggested that I may need some emotional callouses. To myself, and fellow emotional artists, this idea seemed odd. What is wrong with feelings?

Today, I realized that shutting them off/out is just as scary as embracing them. The pain from our past, whether from someone we are still in a relationship with, or one we were lucky enough to escape from, affects how willing we are to expose those emotions to other people. We pretend not to care - not to wear our hearts on our sleeves - because that's what we did before, and it really hurt. But pretending you're ok is no way to go through life...

And that's the existential crisis of my week ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment