March 15, 2011

Two of My Fav Vegans: Prince and Ellen

Remember when Oprah went vegan for a week?

That was probably over a month ago now, wasn't it? Well, around that same time, I sat down with a friend of mine and we discussed the difference between Oprah and Ellen. Both have fought long and hard to get where they are, and both give back immensely to random strangers now that they are so high up there. Now, Ellen has probably another three to five years before she replaces Oprah as the most influential woman in (forget politics, celebrities have much more of an effect on what people think), but I know she will one day be even bigger than Oprah.

Later on in the evening of discussions, I began to complain about not really getting anywhere in my life. My friend reassured me with one small comment, "don't worry, Jodi. One day, you're gonna be bigger than Ellen!"

A girl can dream, can't she? ;-D



So, here you go: two of my favourite celebs, and both of them vegan!

Of course, nearly everybody knows Ellen is vegan. She's pretty open about her whole life. Prince, on the other hand, like many musicians, tries to keep his life private. He still jabs in some of the animal rights issues onto liner notes, though. See "Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic" for his thoughts on the production of wool...

No comments:

Post a Comment