March 12, 2011

OutKast ~ Hey Ya!



Every time I hear this song, I am taken back to the year I lived in res, the field we played touch (canadian) football on and listening to this song as we cheered on the boys from our house. Especially the "lend me some sugar, I AM your neighbour" and "shake it like a polaroid picture"...

The coincidence is that my journey to vegetarianism began that year...and Andre 3000 is also a vegetarian! I knew nothing about that at the time, but now find it an interesting coincidence. This song reminds me of the cafeteria that opened my eyes to what it was like to be a vegetarian - and the reason I never want to eat meat again...it's gross when you don't know it comes from!

Andre 3000, regardless of where he's from, can never be gross! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment