February 20, 2011

blink-182 - What's My Age Again?



Over the last month, I have been having a few issues with feeling "old."  Not that I am, oh no!  At 25, I am the happiest I have ever been in my life, with the most responsibilities I have ever had (a cat, an apartment with a lease agreement, working for myself, trusted with specific responsibilies at the jobs that pay me enough to survive, etc.), and the most care-free attitude I have ever wanted.  It is that attitude, perhaps, that makes me feel like the young men in this song...and wonder if, at twenty-five, I should perhaps care just a little bit more about who, what, where and why people respect me...

I won't change, though...I'm enjoying this free spirit lifestyle!  And as my dear friend warned me when I told her I had to stop closing down the bars, "Oh, Jodi...we're just getting started...."

It's odd, though, that as I begin to start feeling my age, it is songs like this, from my youth, that I flock to.  I really am having a Quarter Life Crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment