January 1, 2011

Sara Bareilles - King Of Anything



I love the upbeat nature of this "$%#^ You" song. It's always better to kill them with kindness...

A new year, a new attitude!

I'm not big on New Year's Resolutions, yet every year I seemed to make one or five of them. This year is not alone. I have yet to write them down, which will make it more difficult to track them... so here goes, at least for one of them:

I resolve to chose a side of the fence to be on, and be happy with it!

I've been thinking about my fence-sitting a lot in the last few weeks, and I definitely think it's time to do something about it. I like that I can see both sides of many situations, but when it comes right down to it, a lot of the time I don't chose a side because I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings by not siding with them. Well, enough of that behaviour! I'm an intelligent individual with my own - VALID - opinions and I should be proud of them. So, inspired by this song, I am going to show my pride. I'm not gonna yell vulgarities to the neighbours who disagree with my opinions, 'cause that never works. Instead, I'll relax over here in my adirondack chair, sipping my agar-sweetened lemonade, smiling with the fact that I am EXACTLY where I am supposed to be. If you want, you can come visit - there's plenty of agar-sweetened lemonade for any one who's interested ;-)

As for NY resolutions...well, I think this one will work because I've been thinking on it for a while. And, you see, I think resolutions are best to happen every day, not just January 1st. :-D This song has just become the mantra to gain the strength required for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment