January 23, 2011

Matt Costa - Sunshine



Of all the indie artists out there right now, trying to make it big with their own marketting, setting up their tours and REALLY trying to break into the music scene (see: American Idol, etc.), this artist was truly discovered.  Ok, well, he was kind of a big skateboard star, suffered a broken leg and befriended the guitarist, Tom Dupont, from No Doubt.  But he didn't push it.  And that's the advice he was given by Dupont that stuck with him the most: "stop practicing so hard and let the feeling come out."  Costa, like so many other artists out there, is an artist that stands for going with the flow of life rather than poushing his way to the top.  Touring with Jack Johnson never hurt anybody etiher...

I like this artist, though.  And it's the energy that he has managed to capture that most attracts me to his music.  Yesterday, I found my zen, and re-discovered Matt Costa along the way.  There was just a little bit of sunshine guiding me to that place, too, so this song is that much more appropriate.  I hope it's sunny where you are, 'cause Edmonton's flooded with sunshine right now - and I love it! If not, I hope this little song of sunny can help you reach your daily Vitamin D requirements!

1 comment:

  1. Have seen him twice in concert (once with Jack Johnson in 2005) and also touring with a Southern California band called The 88 - whom I discovered at that show for the first time and really liked! :-) They were even featured on an episode of How I Met Your Mother. But yes - Sunshine is a favourite of mine too!

    ReplyDelete