January 21, 2011

Low Millions - Nikky don't stop!



Hmmm....

First of all, I totally forgot about this band until a friend mentioned it on FB the other day. This song was mentioned, too...in regards to it being very naughty. And, yes, it is a naughty song. The other video to it is N-A-U-G-H-T-Y...and I want to keep this blog as free from adult content as possible...

Wow, Leonard Cohen - one of our greatest songwriters EVER - had a part in creating the man who wrote this song. I think that may be all the proof you need for the bastardization of culture by my generation. Although, every generation ruins what went before them just a little bit. And, I did love Low Millions album when they first came out...perhaps my shock and horror over the quality I now see lacking in this song comes from my maturation rather than an actualy lack of talent. I mean, it does show great courage to put out an album based entirely on failed relationships...or, well, aren't most albums filled with songs based on failed relationships. Perhaps it's just the blatant honesty that confuses me about this band. Just as this song cuts through the innuendos and gets straight to the point, their album title does the same. "Ex-Girlfriends," you are definitely an over-played cd in my collection...but now you'll be added to my workout mix. C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment