January 25, 2011

Day 131: The Spill Canvas ~ All Over You



There was a day last week when I had a crazy girl moment. Anybody who has feelings has those days (even  crazy boy episodes exist - and if you try to argue with me on this one, I'll cry!)...

In my insanity, I left a voice mail on my friend's phone, which she returned later that night, after finishing a terrible day herself. After a proper game of telephone tag, I went over to her place and spilled the beans on the cause of my crazy girl episode...

Halfway into my explanation, Spill Canvas shuffled onto her iPod. "Oh, this is not a good song for this conversation," she said, but neither of us were in any mood to move in order to change the song. So, we let it play out. I'm not sure if this is the same song or not, but it's a pretty good song for "crazy girl" days...

Something is happening this week, though. I'm finding my zen and losing my crazy girl. Halfway through Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love, I'm not at all confused by the fact that I am finding my center again. This is good. I like finding my center. I like providing myself with explanations for my crazy girl life, and then recovering, so I can start it all over again. Part of the whole crazy girl thing that we're never able to shake is that we all sort of like the drama of it all...so we just keep on coming back to it.

Click on the title to go to the Official music video for this song - it's pretty gnarly!

No comments:

Post a Comment