January 14, 2011

Care Bears On Fire ~ Barbie Eat a Sandwich



Um, so these girls are literally still in high school. :-0 They formed their band in 2005, when they were in FIFTH grade...as if I didn't feel bad ENOUGH about not getting that novel done before I was 25...

Do you remember fifth grade (or "grade five" as we like to call it up here, outside of Brooklyn, New York)? I was hoping to win the Legion's annual Remembrance Day poem contest, not even close to imagining having a book deal in the ANYWHERE NEAR future! And I was considered a pretty ambitious child... But, well, there were only ten other children to compete with in my grade, not 10,000 other kids my age in the same city...

Is that it? Does a prodigy have to be surrounded by successful peers in order to be a prodigy? Or, is it something about the parenting? Really, how is Justin Beiber any different than my sixteen-year-old cousin? Is it because nobody has put her volleyball games on YouTube? Hmmm...I think the sport/art debate is a bit too much for me to bite off, debate and spit right back out tonight, which is apparently exactly what I'm doing...

It's always interesting, regardless, to see such talent in young people. I hope they do great things with it, and with a song like this, they seem pretty with it...I'm sure they have the power to move mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment