December 16, 2010

Video From Day 22: Corb Lund and the Hurtin' Albertans - Long Gone to Saskatchewan



Day 21: "Everybody loves Saskatchewan, it's like your little brother."
Long gone to SK myself, today...sure to hear this somewhere along the way ;-)

Update: This summer, I told a friend of mine that I was from Saskatchewan. "Oh,that doesn't surprise me," was his response. "You're so down-to-earth. People from Saskatchewan are very down-to-earth." I'm always going to take that as a compliment. And, as a representative, based on the above statement, I am going to make Corb Lund an Honorary Saskatchewanian...or is Saskatchewanite? Whatever you want to call him, I'd give him the Riders bunny hug off my back, even if he lost us the game of Kaiser after downing the box of Pilsner...and you know he would be the one responsible for the latter two! ;-)

I do love Jian Ghomeshi as well...except for the occasional times when he insults the prairies. I know he probably didn't mean for it to come off as an insult, and he's entitled to not love every part of Canada, but being a man based out of Toronto, not agreeing to think of Saskatchewan as "your little brother," is almost as bad as being a liberal Frenchman flipping the bird in this direction while dancing behind the queen. Prairie people might not all live in big cities, only see the countryside during "cottage season," or EVER think they live in the centre of the universe, and that's what makes us such awesome people! But, you're entitled to whatever opinion you want to have of our rectangular BOOMING province...

No comments:

Post a Comment