December 20, 2010

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air



Ah, the Fresh Prince... this extended version of the Intro song was never played enough on the show. And I watched this show religiously in the 90's! Will Smith is still so dreamy...

And, this song is WORLD FAMOUS! I have started the rap in hostels all over Europe, with people from all over the world, and the entire crowd generally knows every SINGLE line...trying it out with my friends who were BORN in the 90's, though, and their eyes tend to glaze over. So, friends, here it is - listen, learn and love it!

The Carlton Dance:

Oh, Carlton....



Where would hopeless dancers of today be without Carlton Banks to blame for making it acceptable to be so "unusual."

I remember going clubbing with some coworkers my first summer in Vancouver. One of them was nearing thirty and danced like a maniac on the dance floor. I kidded him about it briefly, but he remained confident in his body. "I dance like nobody's watching, or else it's just not as much fun." Today, I dance like nobody is watching when nobody is actually watching...until I have a few beers and then the world disappears and I think I have the best rhythm in the world. Inside all of us is a little Carlton just waiting to dance his way out...




Carlton and Will

The thing about family is that, regardless of whether or not you even like them, they will be in your life forever...even if they become estranged, they are STILL there. I'm glad that I have a family that I love not because of this, but despite this fact. I think that the Banks eventually found their way to having the same feelings toward Will in the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

For example, Carlton puts up with a lot of teasing from Will, but they have the strongest bond in the entire show. They're more than just cousins, they are like brothers...and friends. Who else would you let do that to you?

Will's Dance Moves

The videos aren't uploading onto my site very well, but I recommend checking out this link. Just copy and paste this into your browser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfswUJmqMnA&feature=related

So, how can we criticize Carlton and not Will? Seriously?!? I think extraordinarily funny dance moves run rampant on that show...

...or maybe that was just the 90's. Remember MC Hammer?

No comments:

Post a Comment