December 5, 2010

Day 80: All In This Together ~ Ben Lee



Remember when this dude dated Claire Danes? It's a bit ridiculous that that is the fact of his life that I remember. But, then again, Claire Danes was a pretty big star in the early twenty-first century...and I was just coming into my own understanding of the world at that time. My understanding was that it mattered more who an artist dated than how good his music was... A lot of people still believe that...

Ben Lee's Catch My Disease is on my iPod, and a frequent volume-cranking tune on it's own accord. It's a good song, and video, for sure, but these are two of his lesser known songs.

The first reminds me how important it is to stay connected with people, whether through the social networks we have right now, or the old-fashioned face-to-face communications, like Christmas coffees :-)

The second is a hilarious video - oh, nineties television!

Apparently, Ben Lee was on Life Interrupted this fall. For anybody who watches the WB, I hope you enjoyed his musical talents on that show. I liked it when I watched it last season...but, sadly, haven't missed recent tv productions that much this fall, and haven't seen any of them either ;-)

This is something I never really thought about. Ben Lee is Australian! crazyness! He's taken loads of awards down there too...possibly why you don't hear him too much in North America...except on my iPod. I gotta say, I'm enjoying Aussie musicians too...Hope you do, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment