December 30, 2010

Day 105: She & Him ~ In the Sun



On the website for She & Him, guitarist Matt Ward talks about their music:
"There are a lot of people who write music so that they can take their audience to a dark night of their own soul or to get something really heavy off their chest. I don’t think Zooey (Deschanel, the singer and songwriter) looks at music that way, and I think that’s a huge part of where her songwriting is coming from. Certain people write songs to make other people feel good. When I think about some of my favorite singers, like Sam Cooke or people of that generation, I think that they saw their gift as the ability to make people feel better, to feel happy. It’s contagious to be around people like that."

Check out:
www.SheandHim.com

I first heard this dynamic duo while watching (500) Days of Sunshine. Now there's a GREAT soundtrack! Then, I read an article on them in Bust. Needless to say, I've been addicted since then. I love shiny happy songs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment