November 7, 2010

Fifty First Day

And now I will begin the sharing of videos as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiSBJIqEYvg

Gary Jules is possibly one of the best poets of our time. I could only love him more if he were Canadian.

As his poetry draws me towards his music, I must rave over the lyrics. My favourite line in this song is the opening line: "There's no poetry between us / Said the paper to the pen" To me, that line is pure beauty. I can't even do justice trying to explain it, like true poetry. Such irony. Such truth. I've been in that place. I was in that place when I chose this song for the fifty-first day of my twent-fifth day. You can't push something that beautiful out of your mind, it just exists, on its own. That is art. That is the mystery of art. Sometimes I feel like it is merely free-flowing from my mind, but other times I wonder if maybe it just creates itself. In that instance, artists are merely the vehicles that transport it to the world. Thinking of it like that makes me even more grateful for the internet - a HUGE vehicle allowing us to share more beauty with one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment